Sunday 5 April 2015

Life update & vegan travels: Morrissey, Cookies and Scream & Vegfest

The weekend of March 27th I was a busy bee and did a bit of traveling and exploring with Jake. During the weekend we got to see Morrissey in Birmingham, pop to Camden and eat too much at Cookies and Scream, we finished our weekend at Vegfest in Brighton...





On the Friday we travelled up to Birmingham to go see Morrissey at the Barclaycard Arena which was such a good night. I had never seen Moz live unlike Jake and Sam (who also came along with us) so I was really excited. The strange thing about seeing someone like Morrissey is you forget how old they are until they come out and you realise that they don't look the same as they did 30 years ago! As most people know, Morrissey is very vocal about animal rights and has taken part in many Peta campaigns; it was cool to see that the venue was only selling vegetarian food at request of the artist and that Peta had a stand to flyer! There is something quite spectacular about Morrissey's stage back drops and the moment that the animal cruelty videos started playing, the atmosphere completely changed; one bloke even passed out. I think it's great that someone with such a high profile can use it to spread the message about animal cruelty. The performance itself was great too, Moz played a mixture of old & new tunes with a few of The Smiths' tracks thrown in too. His general persona was not half as miserable as you would expect! It is certainly something that I have crossed off my bucket list. 





On Saturday we were just in London for the day so decided to visit Camden and pop to Cookies and Scream as I had heard so many great things about it. Oh my...it was so good! We all had a milkshake and a little treat each; I picked a chocolate brownie milkshake & a peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie. I can honestly say that since turning vegan I have never had such a tasty treat and I definitely plan to go back! The boys had vanilla milkshakes & Jake had a chocolate orange brownie which I had a little taste of and it was incredible. The only thing I would recommend is to maybe save some for later as it's very sweet and it wasn't long before we were all full up! 




Sunday we headed over to Brighton for Vegfest; it was a bit of a long journey and the weather was naff but it was still a good day. First off we stopped off at Kensington Gardens for a coffee and vegan breakfast which set us up for the day. Then we braved the wind and rain and headed to Vegfest which was in the Brighton Centre on the seafront. Unfortunately my camera was playing up so I couldn't get any photos but there are plenty up online and over at the Vegfest Facebook page. Vegfest was home to a food hall and stands where you could pick up some delicious food; I had a crepe with chocolate and coconut and a Jamaican patty, yum. There were a ton of charities holding stalls where you could buy their merch or just have a chat; Sea Shepherd were of course there! Vegfest holds different dates around the country, next stop being Bristol. Hopefully I can go again in the future.

What a busy weekend! I could have slept for a week afterwards. 

Here's some Facebook links so you can check out these places:
https://www.facebook.com/vegfestuk

 BB

For The Oceans


P.s Keep updated via Facebook for info on new posts etc. at https://www.facebook.com/boolieblog some recipes coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bex//boolie-blog.blogspot.co.uk