Wednesday 25 February 2015

For the Oceans: I'm a Sea Shepherd UK volunteer!

Ever since I was teeny weeny I have been a little water baby and growing up in Cornwall resulted in me developing the strongest love for the sea. If you merge this with my extreme love for animals then becoming part of the Sea Shepherd family is obviously very well suited to me! 

A few months back I filled out an application online to become a Sea Shepherd UK volunteer and I was lucky enough to receive an invite to an induction which I attended the Sunday just gone. The induction involved one of the senior volunteers showing us some of the incredible things that the charity do and what sort of things we will be able to do once joining the team. 


During the induction I had to check myself a couple of times to make sure my mouth wasn't hanging open in awe of the amazing things that Sea Shepherd have done and are continuing to do. Sea Shepherd are a registered, global charity that is split into different countries now, making everything a little bit more manageable. 

Sea Shepherd help protect and conserve the oceans and the creatures in it by running many campaigns around the world and dedicated volunteers take to the seas on the charity's fleet to track down and confront or expose illegal fisherman & hunters. Sea Shepherd use non-violent tactics to help prevent these criminals from destroying the oceans and killing off whales, dolphins, sea birds and many other fascinating creatures. 

The work of Sea Shepherd is something that I have followed for a long time and it is something that I feel very proud to say I have now part of. 

The whole Sea Shepherd UK family have been so welcoming and I can't wait to meet some more of them and spread the word about all their hard work & how the public can help. Maybe one day I will be out on one of the ships taking direct action! 

You can read all about Sea Shepherd UK on their site & you can also give their Facebook a like:

Website: http://www.seashepherd.org.uk/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SeaShepherdUK



Hopefully I will be able to document some of the work that we do on here, so keep checking back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bex//boolie-blog.blogspot.co.uk