Monday 1 June 2015

Lush Spa Event//29.05.2015

I have never been to a spa or for a massage etc. but as a Lush employee I am obviously aware of the company's spas and have been invited to try out a treatment. I have been back and forth in my mind trying to decide what treatment to choose and then luckily my store invited me along as a blogger to their spa event so that I could learn more..

The evening started out with a bit of mingling and I had a lovely cup of raspberry tea and candy floss, yay for feeling like a kid at the fair again! I had also invited along another cruelty free blogger, Sarah Kirby, who I had spoken to regularly online but this was our first time meeting, and we got to have a good natter. Of course, my fellow blogger/uni buddy, Hannah was there too! 


The store was set out in to different stations with a member of staff at each to talk us through the treatments, products and to give us a good pamper. Myself and Sarah started at Wendy's station where Sarah had her feet done; I wasn't too keen on getting my feet out! Wendy then gave me a hand and arm pamper using one of my favourite products, the Rub Rub Rub body scrub which is a sea salt scrub with a gorgeous cherry blossom scent. Wendy then followed this up with the Rose Argan body conditioner which left my skin deeply moisturised. During all of this, Wendy spoke to us about her experience at the Lush spa when she had The Comforter treatment; this is a warm, cosy treatment where they use a chocolate body scrub on your skin, and it's vegan yay! 







We next went over to Aly who gave us both hand and arm massages with Lush massage bars and he spoke to us about the new Oxford Street store which is the largest Lush store in the world! The new store also has a spa downstairs and later on in the evening he also told us about the brand new, three hour long treatment called The Planets. The Planets is a treatment that I would say sounds quite mystical with Tarot readings (Lush's own style tarot) and palm reading. The treatment also works in three steps, the past which is a full body massage, the present which is a hand and arm massage and the future which is a facial and neck & scalp massage. All together this treatment sounds like three hours of deep relaxation.


Our final station was where I got to enjoy a lovely facial from Sam who used his newly learnt massage techniques on me. I must admit, I felt a little self conscious when everyone gathered around and watched me! Sam used 9 to 5 cleanser, Tea Tree toner water, Full of Grace serum and Skindrink moisturiser on my face which are all vegan and left me feeling refreshed and my skin looking glowing.
























Our final treat of the evening was to see how Lush's fresh face masks are made; we made Catastrophe Cosmetic which again is vegan and is packed full of blueberries which contain antioxidants to brighten up the skin. We all got to take a pot home as well!



This was such a lovely evening and it was so good to meet Sarah and some other bloggers too. I really enjoy these Lush events as they are so chilled out and it's nice to be enjoying the products but not working! I didn't buy anything for myself as I don't really need anything after my shopping spree in Lush Oxford Street which you will be able to see in a haul video on my YouTube account soon enough!


BB
For The Oceans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bex//boolie-blog.blogspot.co.uk