Monday 16 March 2015

BBC3: Fighting the System//London Vegan Actions

I don't tend to watch too much 'normal' television, I am in fact a bit of a Netflix junkie and rarely watch scheduled telly however, the other night I heard that a program about activism was going to be on BBC3 and I was instantly intrigued.

Borrowed from LVA Facebook
Fighting the System was an excellent insight to the lives and hard work of activists. It followed four different groups of activists, focusing on some individuals, and we saw all the effort that these people had put in to contribute to positive changes on this planet.

The documentary overall was really interesting and it showed us a good variety of activists however, being vegan & very passionate about animal rights it's only natural that I was mostly inspired by the incredible work of sisters, Jane and Phoebe of London Vegan Actions.


It is reasonably easy for me to be vegan and cruelty-free but I have always wanted to do more, I would happily dedicate my life to saving animals and to raising awareness of animal cruelty in our world; this is what we witnessed Jane and Phoebe doing.

Footage showed the girls protesting outside many high street shops that exploit animals such as French Connection selling angora and fast food chains like KFC (blergh).

It restores my faith in humanity seeing people taking action and I hope that Fighting the System proves to the public that activists can make a difference and that anyone can make a difference if they try!

I could talk about this for ages but for now I will let you guys watch it and let me know your thoughts.

I would like to personally thank Phoebe and Jane; Although I thought I was already doing a lot for animals, you have showed me that I can do more and I will!


You can watch Fighting the System on YouTube here: Fighting the System
You can also find London Vegan Actions on Facebook and Twitter:



Facebook
Twitter 

 
BB
For The Oceans

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy I came across your blog! I am a passionate ethical vegan as well and I always get excited when I come across like minded people! :)

    Aniqa Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm glad you've found my blog & I've found yours! Like you said, it's so amazing to come across like minded people and it's great knowing that there are other people out there willing to fight for the same causes as me! :)

      Delete

Bex//boolie-blog.blogspot.co.uk