Sunday 23 August 2015

Reading is Cool, Drown me in Books

I finally finished a book! Now I can't stop reading.....

This is not a bad thing, I'm actually very happy that I have discovered my love of reading again. Reading helps my brain escape and my creativity expand. 

The book that fuelled this reading stint, that will hopefully last forever, was Submarine by Joe Dunthorne; Loved the film and the book was okay, but a little slow in some places. I think my main regret when it came to this book was that I watched the film first; this left nothing for my imagination. Regardless, I am pleased I read this book


because it has kick started my return to reading.

After reading Submarine I continued on and read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer FINALLY! I am a huge Twilight fan and this was a part of that saga that I never got round to; I'm too happy that I read this book. It's a short, very easy to read novella that I could not put down. I just love Twilight and anything connected and now I'm sad that I've finished everything. it was so interesting reading from a vampire's perspective and I found that this book was a lot darker than the original saga. I've also lined up The Host by Stephenie Meyer to read next and am very excited as I have heard so many good things!

Finally, today I finished the first book in the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins; I know I'm so late on the bandwagon! I could not put this book down and read it in three days. I wont go into detail about the book as I'm sure most are aware of the story line but, what I will say is that I certainly preferred the book to the film as I feel like I got to know Katniss' character a lot better whilst reading. I have also purchased the next two books and am so excited to read them!

Love as always

Bex



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bex//boolie-blog.blogspot.co.uk