Monday 22 September 2014

I have been nominated again....

So, once again I have been nominated for the '10 albums that shaped me' challenge on Faceache AKA Facebook. Rather than re-posting them I thought I would give you an insight to another five albums I chose and why.

Feel free to check through my previous posts to see the first five here: http://boolie-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/i-was-nominated.html 

6. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
Need I explain this? It's David Bowie. My first insight to seventies glam and an all round fantastic album; Moonage Daydream has true ballad potential and is my favourite Bowie song. I am a huge Bowie fan and I'm sure I will be for a rather long time, as cheesy as it sounds; he is most certainly one of my idols.  


7. Tighten Up - Volume 2
Every person in the world that has been involved in the traditional Skinhead/Mod scene would have listened to this album at least once. When I first found a passion for Reggae I tended not to listen to albums and instead had individual songs, normally singles. Tighten Up records contained the most popular/commercial Reggae tunes of the time and are just so influential when it comes to first discovering Reggae. 

8. The Specials - The Specials
The Specials are one of the few Two Tone bands that did a bloody good job. Their lyrics consist of problems true to life like Racism and the terrible nights out that youngsters who were listening to these records could relate to. The Specials were so different to anything I had ever heard and it was originally my dad that introduced me to Two Tone; He discovered this music when he was a young Rude Boy in East London. In November I will finally get to see The Specials play in London and of course my dad is coming with me! 


9. The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow
This album was the first vinyl I ever got and it was passed down from my mum who also feels that it is in her top ten. It could have been any Smiths album, it just so happens that this was the first one I heard and I instantly fell in love. The mean and moody vibe instantly drew me in, similar to Joy Division however, it was Morrissey that pulled me in more than anything, I still believe to this day that he is one person that I would love to interview more than anyone else. 

10. Slade - Slayed
Slade were a fairly recent addition to my top ten and I only really discovered their music (Other than their Christmas song) a couple of years ago. I was so drawn in to the seventies Glam scene, the music, the outfits, everything. Slade are one of my favourite Glam bands and I feel that they are slightly more 'sophisticated' than the likes of The Sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bex//boolie-blog.blogspot.co.uk