Friday 15 May 2015

Lush Henna//Caca Rouge

Firstly I would like to apologise for the lack of posts lately; it has come to that time again where exams are occurring and also, as some of you already know, I am working at Lush again. Following on from that last point, now that I'm at Lush again it is likely that I will be posting about the company and it's products more often. Luckily I managed to squeeze a bit of 'me time' in and today I'm going to tell you all about it. Let's talk about Henna! 

I finally took the plunge, and after a few months of attempting to grow my hair out to it's natural colour, I dyed it. I decided that I didn't want to use bottled hair dye anymore as firstly, my hair is in awful condition & the chemicals would do it no good and secondly, I wanted something that was cruelty free & suitable for vegans. As I work in Lush, Henna seemed like quite an obvious option for me but I then struggled with the decision of which colour to go.

Lush Henna comes in four different colours, Caca Rouge (Red), Caca Marron (Red/Brown), Caca Brun (Brown) and Caca Noir (Black). Initially I was considering going for Caca Marron as my hair had already been that browny/red shade before so I knew it would look okay however, for some reason recently I have been so drawn to a firey ginger/orangey hair colour and it seemed to pop up everywhere and I just loved it. My final decision was to take a risk and go with the Caca Rouge; I was not disappointed.
So, I wont lie to you, the Henna application was rather messy and definitely a two person job; if you are thinking about trying it, make sure you have an extra pair of hands to help you.

I left the Henna on for a good couple of hours; it may have even been closer to 3 hours and the whole time I had my hair wrapped in a carrier bag (I didn't have any cling film) with a
shower cap over the top.

After washing, I dried my hair straight away as I wanted to see the result. I can honestly say that my hair felt the softest and looked the shiniest it has in a very long time. It was the best condition my hair has ever been in after dying it and it still has that shine and softness to it even after a hair wash. The base of the Henna blocks is cocoa butter therefore the colouring actually works as a conditioning treatment at the same time.

You can see my results here: (Apologies for the different lighting, I forgot to take a before picture at the time)

Before
After




















And you can purchase the Henna online here:

https://www.lush.co.uk/products/colour

Also, you can watch Mark Constantine's (Lush Co-Founder) Henna masterclass video below...





BB
For The Oceans


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bex//boolie-blog.blogspot.co.uk